Technical Reflex Aux 1 Output Issue

Sep 5, 2023
I need some technical support. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a Reflex+ that is a couple years old. Model number is ~1100 for a N54. It was operating great! Aux 1 Output controls a meth solenoid PWM. The solenoid is from an old BMS wmi kit. I'm still using all the old JB4 meth kit hardware but controlling it with Reflex+. I have a Progressive control that begins to open aaround 3500-4000 rpm.

For some strange reason, Aux 1 Output has just started acting strange. Everything else on Reflex seems to be working just fine. Over the last few years, I have made a lot of changes to my car, but this failure occurred during a period of time when there were no software or hardware changes. Now at idle it runs around 45-55% (when it should be 0) and it never really opens in fact it actually starts to close at higher RPM/boost. I've checked the tuning and the wiring. I also tried changing the tune in TunerPro, to troubleshoot, to see if I can change that ~50% at idle (I could not). I believe either the solenoid went bad or Reflex Aux 1 has some sort of voltage leak.

I'll prob buy another solenoid or move this to another Aux output 2-4. Just curious if you have seen this before or have any suggestions.

On a side note, when I had JB4, the pump used PWM and the solenoid just opened and closed. Now I control it the opposite way. I wonder if that valve is not designed for frequent switching. My system consists of a 2 gal tank, pump in tank, solenoid valve followed by a Tee that feeds 2 BM12 (~750 mL_min) nozzles in the CP. Reflex Aux 2 controls the pump (Just ON / Off at 3000-3500 RPM) and the pump is working just fine.

Regards,

Eric

mwpa71

Private
Sep 26, 2022
I need some technical support. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a Reflex+ that is a couple years old. Model number is ~1100 for a N54. It was operating great! Aux 1 Output controls a meth solenoid PWM. The solenoid is from an old BMS wmi kit. I'm still using all the old JB4 meth kit hardware but controlling it with Reflex+. I have a Progressive control that begins to open aaround 3500-4000 rpm.

For some strange reason, Aux 1 Output has just started acting strange. Everything else on Reflex seems to be working just fine. Over the last few years, I have made a lot of changes to my car, but this failure occurred during a period of time when there were no software or hardware changes. Now at idle it runs around 45-55% (when it should be 0) and it never really opens in fact it actually starts to close at higher RPM/boost. I've checked the tuning and the wiring. I also tried changing the tune in TunerPro, to troubleshoot, to see if I can change that ~50% at idle (I could not). I believe either the solenoid went bad or Reflex Aux 1 has some sort of voltage leak.

I'll prob buy another solenoid or move this to another Aux output 2-4. Just curious if you have seen this before or have any suggestions.

On a side note, when I had JB4, the pump used PWM and the solenoid just opened and closed. Now I control it the opposite way. I wonder if that valve is not designed for frequent switching. My system consists of a 2 gal tank, pump in tank, solenoid valve followed by a Tee that feeds 2 BM12 (~750 mL_min) nozzles in the CP. Reflex Aux 2 controls the pump (Just ON / Off at 3000-3500 RPM) and the pump is working just fine.

Regards,

Eric
Pwm a solenoid is fine..as long as the frequency is set correctly for it.. solenoids do fail and being a fews years old it good practice to replace.
I am not familiar with reflex but most meth systems have a test sequence..you could also test frequency of pwm to check for change..hope this helps.
There is a water methanol fb group that have a couple of cluey guys that could help.
Cheers Mark

Reactions: Thunderstorm1250
Sep 5, 2023

Attachments

• image-5.png
    image-5.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 6